Our hospice specialist Joe had been in touch with Willow Burn Hospice for a quite a while. When we found out that they were looking to open a new inpatient unit, we invited them to our showroom to see if there was anything we could help with.
Their team originally wanting overhead ceiling hoists in the new unit, but after seeing the Integralift, they changed their minds. We then visited the new Willow Burn Hospice site and laid out a full mock-up room so that they could envisage the end results.
The Hospice wanted to have the Integralifts installed to give patients an easier way to transfer to and from the bed, but they also wanted the Integralifts to provide a certain kind of homeliness. We ended up designing and installing possibly our biggest Integralifts ever with extra shelving on either side of the unit!
This completely bespoke system included plug sockets installed in the bottom section with a hidden oxygen supply and built-in lighting. We installed a total of six bespoke Integralift bedhead systems – and what a fantastic result!
We thoroughly enjoyed working with IDPartnership Architects, Walter Thompson Building Contractors, and Bernard Interiors on this project.
Key Objectives & Project Scope:
- 6-bed new-build inpatient unit with modern, homely decor.
- Bespoke bedhead systems with extra storage and electrical outlets.
- Hidden hoist systems to include space for medical gases.
Products & Services Provided:
- 6 made-to-measure Integralift bedhead hoist systems
- Space for oxygen tanks
- Plug sockets
- Incorporated nurse call and LED lighting
- Bespoke shelving with fabric backing
- A specialist bath
- A number of furnishings and loose items