Our relationship with St Peter’s Hospice goes back years, so to be involved in their latest development was a privilege. They had already trialled various pieces of our equipment and they’d visited our showroom for different demonstrations and to try out our hoist systems.
When the hospice got funding for a new inpatient unit, we put forward a package for overhead hoist systems to give patients and carers full room coverage.
The previous unit did not offer overnight facilities for loved ones to stay over with patients, which made the hospital feel less comfortable and homely to all visitors. To overcome this, the client wanted to create a facility where everyone was welcome and made to feel at home thanks to the soothing colour schemes and plush furniture.
The end results from St Peter’s Hospice were stunning and it was fantastic to be involved in this project.
Key Objectives & Project Scope
- New-build 15-bed inpatient unit with a cosy, modern feel.
- Full room coverage hoist systems to provide easy access for patients and carers.
- A place for loved ones to stay with patients if they desired.
Products & Services Provided
- 9 inset X-Y hoist systems using Airglide360 tracking
- 9 AirRise200 hoist units
- 15 Arene rise and recline chairs in signature St Peter’s colours
- 15 shower commode chairs
- 15 Volker overbed table with special width adjustment
- 6 slings