We were contacted by P+HS Architects for this project after working with them on a previous job. South Tyneside Hospital were in the process of designing a new integrated care facility in South Shields which required various hoist systems installing to allow patients to be transferred with ease. Haven Court provides care for individuals living with dementia, and those who have been discharged from hospital, but still require care before getting a place in a nursing home or palliative care facility. P+HS Architects contacted us because they knew we could deliver a discreet solution that would be in keeping with the dementia-friendly environment they were designing.
Haven Court was ‘Highly Commended’ in the Dementia Care category of the Building Better Healthcare Awards 2017. Find out more here.
Key Objectives & Project Scope:
- New build Integrated Care Hub with 80 residential en-suite rooms.
- Spacious accommodation including little lounges and dining areas.
- Providing 24-hour support for all residents, particularly those living with dementia.
- Dementia-friendly design that would provide accessibility in a discreet and unobtrusive way.
Products & Services Provided:
- 11 X-Y ceiling hoist systems
- AirGlide360 inset hoist tracking for a subtler appearance
- 5 AirRise200 hoist units