We were initially contacted by the architects to come up with a solution for the yet to be built Parkview Gardens Care Home in Barrow in Furness. The care home was to have 60 bedrooms with compact en-suite bathrooms. This was a particularly unique project for us, as we had to devise a completely bespoke hoist track switch that would connect the bedroom to the bathroom, and offer good coverage to both the shower and the toilet. What’s more, the hoist system could not detract from the homely, cosy feel of the home. We set up a mock ceiling track hoist on site and presented it to the architects, contractors, and client so that they could completely understand the full benefits of our system. Innova was the only company that could provide exactly what the client and architect required, and we were offered the contract.
Key Objectives & Project Scope:
- New build state-of-the-art care home with 60 en-suite rooms.
- Give residents ability to be hoisted anywhere in the bedroom, and through into the bathroom.
- Bespoke track switches to cater to compact bathroom spaces, giving users the ability to choose between being hoisted to the shower or onto the toilet.
- Subtle, unobtrusive inset tracking so as not to detract from the homely feel.
Products & Services Provided:
- 60 X-Y ceiling track hoist systems in the bedrooms using inset AirGlide360 tracking for a subtler appearance
- 60 bespoke track switches to enable resident to move easily in the en-suite bathroom
- 6 X-Y hoisting systems in select en-suite bathrooms
- 16 Robin hoist units