The client put us forward to the contractor for our work on Norfolk Park SEN School because they were so impressed by the sophistication and subtlety of our hoisting systems. This new build school was to cater for pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties, as well as complex medical needs and autism. We put forward designs that would maximise the students’ accessibility throughout the school, so that they could learn and be stimulated in a completely safe and secure environment.
Key Objectives & Project Scope:
- New build special educational needs school with 15 classrooms and hygiene rooms.
- To create an accessible environment that will allow the students to learn and move around with ease.
- Providing a subtle solution that would not detract from the overall feel of the school.
- Giving students access to the hydrotherapy pool and changing rooms with ease.
Products & Services Provided:
- 14 X-Y hoist systems, connecting classrooms and hygiene rooms throughout the building
- 1 straight track hoist system over the pool, with a track switch to connect to both the boys and girls changing rooms
- 15 AirRise200 hoist units