Lymm Fire Station is much more than your typical fire and rescue service; their building includes all kinds of facilities aiming to educate the community on various scenarios. As part of their new building, they wanted to install a Changing Place facility.
We were specified by TACP Architects who were working on the project, and we provided a full Changing Places fit-out compliant with all guidelines. The building itself is circular, so fitting a hoist in a curved room wasn’t the easiest task.
Nevertheless, our design team rose to the occasion and came up with the perfect solution!
We also supplied a privacy screen, changing bench, and various grab rails in line with Changing Places standards.
Key Objectives & Project Scope:
- New-build fire station and safety centre created to educate people on different fire and safety scenarios.
- To install a Changing Place facility for people with disabilities to use when visiting the station.
- To be fully compliant with Changing Places standards and to fit in a curved room.
Products & Services Provided:
- A bespoke X-Y hoist system mounted to the wall with wall posts
- AirRise200 hoist unit
- Free-standing changing bench
- Height adjustable wash basin
- Doc M grab rail package
- Privacy screen