We worked directly with the Hollybank Trust and the contractor for this new-build. The idea was to create a completely accessible school and residential centre for over 100 children and young people with disabilities. We liaised with the client during the design process, advising them on various hoist layouts and solutions that could be useful to the pupils. They chose Innova because of our cutting-edge patented products, and our ability to come up with straightforward, unique results.
“The equipment has been in three years now and I have never regretted taking this decision to install a new product. The AirGlide360 system and transit coupling has been reliable. We have the Robin hoist in the majority of our community homes now. We find it offers a degree of versatility which other hoists do not offer. The ability to detach the hoist unit has been particularly useful in our short break facility where we meet a variety of different needs.
“I would certainly recommend this equipment to others.”
Key Objectives & Project Scope:
- New-build SEN school with residential facilities that would be used for overnight stays.
- Needed to feel homely and comfortable, without compromising accessibility.
- Hoists needed to facilitate safe transfers from the bedroom to the bathroom.
- Various specialist bathroom equipment needed.
Products & Services Provided:
- 80 hoist systems in total; X-Y system to straight track with transit coupling
- Robin hoist units for each hoist configuration
- 5 Vanna baths
- A variety of changing benches and accessories